Full aluminum built cooling body constructed to fit three drives within a two (5.25”) bay fitting, the DataCage Classic MB453 Series follows the tradition of industrial systems' needs for stability, durability, toughness and high sensitivities for mass storage operating conditions. It's equipped with a hot swappable fan that may be detached if confined by depth limitations when integrated, or if replacement is necessary. Our removable fan requires no tools or wiring, simply swap with a new fan and back to operation! It is space saving and user friendly for industrialized system solutions.
* 3 in 2 RAID backplane module.
* Fits three 3.5” SAS or SATA I/II/III hard drive fully supports Hot-Swap function.
* Compact and space saving for multiple drives fit (three drives within two 5.25” bay fitting).
* Internal drive security, exchangeability, expandability and maintenance capabilities.
* Durable aluminum body for excellent heat dissipation with stylish outlook.
* Detachable 80mm ball bearing rear cooling fan for easy maintenance.
* Advanced drive monitoring system built internally w/ visual & audio indicators.
3 Years Warranty
ICY DOCK DataCage Classic MB453IPF-B 3 x 3.5” HDD in 2 x 5.25” Bay SAS/SATA HDD Rack / Cage / Module
Model Number :
Host Interface :
Three 2 x 7pin SATA for each drive bay (SAS dual channel)
Drive Fit :
3 x 3.5" SAS or SATA I/ II/ III HDD
Drive Bay :
2 x 5.25" half height device bay
Transfer Rate :
Up to 6Gb/sec. (depending on hard drive speed)
Power Input :
2 x 4pin Molex power port
Insert& Extract connection Via :
Direct SAS/ SATA hard drive connection
Aluminum body w/ partial plastic
Drive Cooling :
Detachable rear outtake fan w/ aluminum heat dispersion
Alarm Indication :
Temperature over heat
Fan failure: Fan out of line
Alarm Sound Disable :
Reset switch in front panel
LED Indication :
Drive power (green), activity (amber), failure (red) for each bay
Individual (red) LED for both fan failure and overheat
Signal Out :
Overheat signal out
Failure Indicator :
HDD Fail signal in
HDD access signal in
Dimension (L x W x H) :
( w/ fan) 220.0 x 146.0 x 86.0 mm
(w/o fan) 180.0 x 146.0 x 86.0 mm
Build a DIY FreeNAS, unRAID and WHS NAS
Media Center with ICY DOCK Hard Drive Cage Module