The MB877IK Series is comparable to our highly regarded MB671IK Series; however it has been re-engineered to have all the same features with a more economical design. Constructed of lightweight aluminum body and durable plastic faceplate, the dock still holds true to our emphasis on protection and durability. The stylish all-black door has built in vents for optimal cooling and air flow to keep your drives running at their best. To further enhance the cooling, we included a rear outtake fan.
The enclosure uses a tray-less design coupled with hot swap capability to make switching out drives a hassle free experience. And to keep your data safe and secure, we have included a key lock security device. A new feature to the dock, while small and subtle, is the 3D LED status lights. This allows the user to keep track of their drives without having to be right in front of the workstation.
Perfect for system builders and small businesses, the MB877IK is a simple design with big features. And, with our 3-Year Warranty behind it, you can have peace of mind that the enclosure will live up to the Icy Dock standard of quality that you would expect.
* Device holds single 3.5" SAS or SATA I / II drive and fits any standard 5.25" device bay.
* User friendly Tray-less design just plug in the hard drive and play.
* Removable Design & hot swap capability offers convenient solution for multi-drive exchangeability & maintenance.
* Safeguard key lock function keeps data secure within the enclosure.
* Aluminum body construction provides superior heat dissipation.
* 40mm rear warm air outtake fan ensures an optimal cooling environment.
* Stylish front panel with built in high flow air vent.
3 Years Warranty
ICY DOCK MB877IK-B Tray-less 3.5" SAS/SATA 6Gbps Hot Swap Mobile Rack HDD Enclosure in 5.25" Bay
Item Number :
Host Interface :
2 x 7pin SATA (SAS Dual Channel)
Drive Fit :
3.5" SAS or SATA I/ II/ III HDD/ SSD
Device Bay :
5.25" half height device bay
Transfer Rate :
Up to 6Gb/sec. (depending on hard drive speed)
Power Input :
4pin Molex power port
Insert& Extract connection Via :
Direct SAS or SATA hard drive connection
Aluminum body w/ plastic face panel
Drive Cooling :
Aluminum heat dispersion w/ 1 x rear outtake fan
LED Indication :
Device Power & Drive Activity
LED Display Color :
Green : Device power ;Amber : Drive Activity
Dimension (L x W x H) :
7.83" x 5.88" x 1.65"
18. Apr, 2010
Author: Andrew Edney
"It is very easy to fit, easy to use, and works very well. Simple!"