Note1: Please do NOT connect more than one drive at a time to this unit. The MB981U3-1SA is intended to be used one hard drive at a time.
Note2: For most of the IDE (ATA) hard drive, the drive jumper settings should be configured to “Master” mode. If the docking fails to detect the IDE hard drive in Master mode, please try different jumper settings, i.e. Slave, CS.
Note3: EZ-Dock Flex and EZ-Adapter have IDE to USB 3.0 incompatibility issue when working under Windows 8 and 10. We recommend using USB 2.0 with IDE drives for Windows 8 and 10 users.
Icy Dock is proud to introduce a brand new item to its innovative product line, the EZ-Dock Flex MB981U3-1SA 2.5”/3.5” SATA & IDE Hard Drive Docking Station with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface. This product is packed with features and gives the term docking station a whole new meaning.
The first feature of the device is a direct connection through the top slot for 2.5” and 3.5” SATA hard disk and solid state drives, allowing a user to access their drive via SuperSpeed USB 3.0. 2.5” drives can be used on the go being powered by the USB bus, while 3.5” drives utilize a small form factor wall power supply that can be easily stowed away in a laptop bag or briefcase. The anti-dust cover on the top is divided into 2 pieces, so that if a 2.5” drive is inserted, only the smaller portion of the cover opens up, leaving the electronics inside safe from dust and debris.
The second feature of the MB981U3-1SA is the detachable adapter that releases from the bottom of the dock via 2 small lockable switches. Once the adapter is removed, IDE drives can then be used, as well as both types of SATA drives. 3.5” IDE drives connect to the labeled input, and is powered using the 4-pin power jumper cable. 2.5” IDE drives connect to the labeled input, and can be powered using only USB power. Using SATA drives with the disconnected adapter is the same as when they are directly docked through the top slot.
Other useful elements include power buttons on the dock and adapter that double as status LEDs, a easy to press, large drive eject button, and as always, a standard 3 year warranty.
* Completely screw-less / tool-less design for any type of drive.
* Allows docking of 2.5”/3.5” SATA HDD & SSD connected via USB 3.0
* Connects 2.5”/3.5” IDE HDD connected via USB 3.0 using the removable adapter.
* 2 part anti-dust cover protects internals even when small 2.5” SATA drive is used.
* 2 locking switches hold the detachable adapter in place when used as a dock.
* Easy access On/off button allows hard drive life expendability and energy conservation.
* Plug & Play USB 3.0 with backwards capabilities to USB 2.0 for quick connection for
any computer system.
* Exposed working HDD stands in the air vertically for fast heat radiation.
* USB 3.0 connectivity with up to 5 Gb/sec transfer rates.
* Supports UASP function for even faster performance aftter revision
(starting from 10/24/13 with serial # 13324521).
* Large eject button for hassle free drive removal.
* Included 4-pin power jumper cabled provided for use with 3.5” IDE drive.
* Built in compartment to hold 4-pin jumper.
* Low profile power adapter for 3.5” drives.
* USB bus power for 2.5” drives.
* Great for DIY users and IT Professionals.
* Designed for PC & Mac systems.
3 Years Warranty
ICY DOCK EZ-Dock Flex MB981U3-1SA 2.5/3.5 SATA HDD USB 3.0 Docking Station w/ Detachable IDE Adapter Function
Model Number :
Drive Fit :
2.5" / 3.5" SATA 1.5 / 3 / 6 Gbps hard drive or SSD
2.5" / 3.5" IDE hard drive
Connection Interface :
SuperSpeed USB 3.0
(For windows 8 or up, IDE drives can only be recognized through USB 2.0)
Transfer Rate :
Up to 5 Gbps (depending on hard drive speed)
LED Indication :
Device Power & Drive Activity
LED Display Color :
Power: Amber; Drive Activity: Amber flashing
Power ON / Off :
Dimension (L x W x H) :
150 x 79.7 x 92mm
"The EZ-Dock Flex MB981U3-1SA had every feature I wanted including UASP support, is incredibly easy to use and has never given me a problem. I have recommended ICY DOCK SATA hard drive docks to numerous friends because of my excellent experience.."
- John M.
Written by Michael Wu
"ICY DOCK docking station was which was fantastic because it can be permanently placed on the desktop at home. The last awesome feature is that the actual interface adapter is removable to take on the go as well as reading traditional IDE HDDs. UMLan would like to provide the ICY DOCK MB981U3-1SA SATA & IDE to USB 3.0 Docking Station a score of 10/10"
"The ICY DOCK MB981U3-1SA(-1) is a solid performer that handles virtually any drive one could want. It is limited only by what it is connected to and what is connected to it. It easily meets all ICY DOCK's claims about, it has an external power source for the drives, and can be highly portable. For its performance, value, and quality, it earns the Bjorn3D Seal of Approval."
"The MB981U3-1SA is an inexpensive means to ensuring your data is backed up and to the USB 3.0 functionality we are able to transfer data at an increased rate compared to USB 2.0. I would recommend you buy one!"