Introducing the MB882HX-1SB 2.5” SATA SSD Xpander Hybrid Adapter. Using a high speed 2.5” SATA SSD and a high capacity 3.5” SATA hard drive, you can combine them to create a new breed of species.
Using our hybrid technology, we can take a moderate or 2nd generation 2.5” SATA SSD in combination with a mid to higher end 3.5” SATA hard drive which automatically creates “hybrid partition” and “storage partition”. The “hybrid partition” doubles the capacity of the SSD drive and provides high performance in transfer rates. The storage partition gives you the remaining capacity of the hard drive* (the size of the 3.5” SATA hard drive minus "hybrid partition" size).
This is the perfect upgrade solution without purchasing an expensive high capacity SSD. The Xpander Hybrid Adapter doubles the sequential transfer rates of the hard drive exclusively in the hybrid partition, it is great for people who move, play or edit large media files. Such as a video editor, graphic designer, HD movie enthusiast that use applications like Adobe Photoshop, Sony Vegas and Windows Media Center that require large file loads / transfers. For editing, you can use the hybrid portion as a sketch drive; move the working files to it for fast editing. When you are done with the file we recommend moving the file to a RAID protected archive drive. The “storage partition” is perfect for non-important applications or files i.e. games, movies, music, or other media files.
1. When using the Xpander Hybrid Adapter if either the SSD or the hard drive fails, all data will be lost on both drives. We recommend that you always save your important data to a RAID protected archive drive.
2. For best results, we recommend using an inexpensive 2nd generation SATA II 2.5” SSD (roughly 250MB/sec in read/write speed) with a good performance 7200RPM 3.5” SATA II hard drive (roughly 130MB/sec in read/write speed).
* Create a high performance "hybrid partition" that doubles the capacity of the SSD drive used.
* Create a “storage partition” which gives you the remaining capacity of the hard drive minus
"hybrid partition" size.
* Increase the hard drive transfer rate by up to 2X for both sequential read/write speeds **
* Perfect for Media related applications.
* Airflow vents for heat dissipation.
* Screw-less design for quick & easy SSD installation.
* Universal mounting holes for most common PC case.
* The adapter is the same as a 3.5” hard drive in dimension and compatible with most
common PC cases.
**Note: Performance dominantly dependent on selection of SSD and hard drive.
3 Years Warranty
ICY DOCK The Hybrid MB882HX-1SB 2.5" SATA SSD Xpander Hybrid Adapter
Model Number :
Drive Fit :
2.5" SATA II SSD
Compatible drive type :
3.5" SATA II hard drive
Device Fit :
3.5" SATA drive bay
Host Interface :
Dimension (L x W x H) :
146.6 x 101.6 x 25.4mm
Keep your cheap low capacity solid state drive
alive with ICY DOCK Xpander Hybrid SSD Adapter
"The Icy Dock MB882HX-1SB Xpander Hybrid adapter is most beneficial for users who have an older, lower capacity SSD lying around as the interface is limited to SATA II. It is also a lot easier to set up and more functional than Intel’s Smart Response Technology."
"Many of you that may have small SSD’s lying around or even spare HDD’s, we found the perfect solution so put it into good use! Killing two birds with one stone! I would definitely recommend this solution to any new computer builders and any person that just wants more speed and capacity in the future."
"The Icy Dock SSD Xpander offers a great way to both double the capacity and greatly increase the performance of your new SSD. By using an entry level SSD with the Xpander I was able to bring it's performance much closer to that of a higher model SSD without the added cost. The biggest gain is still the fact that you will gain twice the capacity of your SSD."